It’s that egg-stra special time of year, when indulgence is upon us in it’s highest form… a celebration of chocolate and all things sweet, regardless of your religious beliefs most of us like to partake in a little Easter treat at this time of year.
For Christians however, it is a very special celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and a time to rejoice and be thankful for the gift of life. And indeed, for all of us, Spring and Easter have become synonymous with rebirth and renewed energy, a time for growth and new life, flowers and beauty in the world.
So, if you are wondering how to keep the kids smiling over Easter, or just looking for some inspiration for your own Easter gathering, here are some ideas for fun activities which can all provide a great opportunity to get together and enjoy a scrumptious Easter Cake!
- Easter Egg Hunt – If you need any proof that your child can find things when they really want to, why not get them to invite a few friends round for an egg hunt in your back garden! Or take it to your local park. Easter Cupcakes are especially handy to share when you are out and about!
- Get some egg-cercise – Who doesn’t love a walk in the countryside with seas of bright yellow daffodils and adorable Spring lambs frolicking? Get the whole family out in the fresh air and have a competition to see who can count the most lambs!
- Easter Movie Night – If you feel like something more relaxing then family time over Easter could mean time spent watching a movie together. Whether it’s an Easter themed movie or not, kids will really enjoy spending quality time with adults who are normally focused on busy schedules.
- Easter picnic – get your family and friends together for a delicious picnic at a local beauty spot. Somewhere with a steep hill nearby where you can roll decorated eggs would be ideal!
- Celebration lunch – Spring lamb with all the trimmings or whatever says Easter for you, there’s nothing like getting the whole family together on Easter Sunday for a delicious lunch cooked with love. Don’t forget a fabulous Easter Cake as the centrepiece of your table!
- Easter Craft Party – Kids love getting crafty, so creating their own Easter gifts and decorations will make memories they will treasure for years to come. Get creative with an Easter craft kit, making cute cards and colouring eggs using food colouring, decorating them with glitter, stickers and pens.
Egg-stra Special Easter Treats from the Brilliant Bakers
If you are planning to host any party or gathering this Easter, then a cake for the table is a must! At the Brilliant Bakers we are delighted to be able to bring you a selection of Easter cakes designed for people of all ages. With a variety of flavours and fillings to suit every taste including red velvet cream cheese, chocolate fudge and vanilla sponge jam (of which there is also a gluten free version), there is something for everyone!
Some of our newest additions to our Easter Cake selection include…
Both indulgent, sumptuous and comforting cakes with various assorted chocolate confectionery favourites. Kept deliciously fresh and safely delivered in a gift wrapped tin with ribbon. Serves 12-14 portions and is a generous 8 inches across by 3 inches deep. The cake tins are of high quality and will make a delightful cake or biscuit tin to serve as a constant reminder of how delicious the original cake was. Despite the indulgent chocolate topping, you have a choice of delicious fillings.
Our Easter Egg Hunt cake and Greedy Easter Bunny cake are perfect for larger Easter gatherings. A square cake available in 8 or 10 inches (serving 20 or 40), both cakes feature a cute Easter Bunny motif and include either 2 chocolate bunnies or a large chocolate egg, lovingly created by our skilled chocolatier.
Our Easter Cupcakes come in a box of 12 and include delightful Easter chic designs and Happy Easter text.
Thinking of giving an Easter cake as a gift? Then our Spring Bunny Gift Cake will be perfect! This smaller 6 inch novelty cake is decorated with an adorable sugar bunny and presented in a lovely box which is co-ordinated with the icing on the cake! Serving up to 6 people, this type of cake will be simply ideal for any after dinner treat for someone at any party that they may be hosting!
Slice into anyone of these cakes to find sumptuous freshly made fillings. We have crafted our recipes with exquisite flavours for you to choose from. Our Genoese vanilla sponge is filled with a delicious buttercream and jam. We offer a delightful gluten free vanilla sponge cake so that no one is ever left without cake at the party, and a sumptuous chocolate fudge cake - a top to toe chocolatey masterpiece, and our latest addition a divinely rich red velvet cake.
It has taken us over two years to develop and patent protect our packaging systems to ensure our exciting and creative cakes get to you safely. Our clever and secure recyclable packaging guarantees your cake arrives looking simply brilliant.
We require at least 2 working days’ notice in order to ensure the timely delivery of Easter cakes. Our free delivery service operates Monday-Friday. If any cake is intended for the weekend, it will easily keep fresh if delivered to your address a day or two prior. We always recommend that if you are hosting a party where the cake is the centrepiece, that you choose a delivery date at least one day ahead of your event. Please click here for further information on our delivery service.
May your Easter basket be full of joy, happiness and peace and may you all have a truly Brilliant Easter!